Police in Vietnam’s Central Highlands have discovered five Chinese men who previously entered the country illegally via the northern border.
Officers in Kon Tum Province confirmed on Thursday they had brought the five foreigners to a local quarantine facility in accordance with regulations.
The Chinese nationals were drinking coffee near the Kon Tum Bus Station on Wednesday morning when a group of officers decided to inspect them due to some abnormal signs.
The men failed to present their passports and visas.
They hail from Guangxi, China, according to police.
|Two Chinese border jumpers are held at the police station in Kon Tum Province, Vietnam in this supplied photo.|
The Chinese claimed they had entered Vietnam illicitly via a trail in the northern province of Quang Ninh on January 16, before catching a coach to Ho Chi Minh City.
The border jumpers then traveled to Pleiku City, located in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai, on a passenger bus, and caught a taxi to Kom Tum Province.
The Kon Tum Center for Disease Control has tested the Chinese men for COVID-19 and is waiting for the results.
The provincial committee for COVID-19 prevention and control has also quarantined three people who came into close contact with the border jumpers.
- Fast & furious: Police discover 118 pangolins after car chase in northern Vietnam
- Forty years on from the fall of Saigon: witnessing the end of the Vietnam war
- PM applauds performances of central and southern military
- Friendship and cooperation – mainstream of Vietnam-China relations
- Vietnam police bust criminal ring selling smartphone spyware
- Art of command in 1979 northern border defence war
- Former Japanese dentist visits Vietnam’s Hoi An for final project
- Nghe An, Thanh Hoa police seize huge amount of trafficked drug
- GrabFood now in 18 provinces and cities in Vietnam
- Two Chinese passengers with Wuhan pneumonia entering Vietnam isolated
- Mexican troops repel border-storming migrant caravan
- Police hunt drug trafficker who escaped into border forest
Police discover five Chinese border jumpers in Vietnam’s Central Highlands have 325 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.