Police in the northern Vietnamese province of Thai Binh have broken up an illegal drug ring run by a 75-year-old woman.
An official from the provincial Department of Police told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Saturday that officers had searched the house of Tran Thi Dam, 75, in Quang Trung Ward, Thai Binh City, which is the capital of the namesake province.
Dam has also been taken into custody for the illicit trade of narcotics.
Police have confiscated a large number of drugs of various types and relevant exhibits, the official elaborated, adding that the ring’s activities were very complicated and subtle.
Preliminary investigation showed that most of the ring members are Dam’s children, grandchildren, and relatives.
They took advantage of Dam’s house location, which is situated deep inside an alley, to buy and sell narcotics.
Multiple members were tasked with keeping a watch to avoid being caught by competent authorities.
Local residents said they noticed drug users enter and exit the house every day and night.
However, no one reported the ring to police officers for fear of being harmed by Dam’s subordinates.
Police records showed that Dam recently finished her eight-year jail term for illegally trading narcotics.
Her son is also serving his sentence for a drug-related crime.
Further investigation is ongoing.
- Lawyer: Plea offer tried to link Breonna Taylor to drug ring
- Coronavirus: 'Selfish' partygoers assault officers as police break up illegal rave attended by up to 700 people
- Eight Lao nationals caught smuggling 10kg of meth into Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 27
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 1
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 26
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 22
- VIETNAM NEWS 12/10
- How Newcastle has become UK’s drugs death capital – with Spice ‘zombies’, gun-toting gangs & 90% spike in tragedies
- 'Young people forget the rules' says Justice Secretary Robert Buckland as ministers consider 10pm pub curfew next week after police crackdown on last-chance parties ahead of new 'rule of six' tomorrow
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 28
- Tunisian terrorist, 21, had turned to Muslim prayer from drink and drugs before murdering three people in Nice, his family claim - as France is warned to prepare for more 'terrible attacks'
Police break up drug ring run by septuagenarian woman in northern Vietnam have 361 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.