Hanoi (VNA) – Reuters news agency on January 26 ran an article highlighting the opening of the 13th National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) in Hanoi and the Political Report by General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong.
The leader delivered the Political Report of the 12th Party Central Committee, in which he hailed booming economic development and containment of the COVID-19 pandemic as major achievements, according to the article.
“Our country has been developing rapidly and sustainably, consolidating people’s confidence in the Party, the state and the socialist regime,” the leader is quoted as saying.
“Corruption has been gradually contained and prevented.”
The news agency added that Vietnam has seen its economy outstrip much of Asia in the past year, keeping the COVID-19 pandemic at bay thanks to stringent quarantine measures, testing and tracing.
“In the context of rapid and complicated global evolution, we have been focusing on consolidating national defence and security,” the leader is quoted as affirming.
Vietnam needs to rightly and effectively handle relations with large countries and neighbouring countries, said the top leader.
Meanwhile, an article of Xinhua news agency said that during the congress, delegates will review the party building work and the leadership of the 12th CPV Central Committee, before electing a new one for the 13th term.
They will also review the past 35 years of the country’s reform, discuss the implementation of the 10-year socio-economic development strategy, and map out directions and tasks for national development from 2021 to 2025.
An article covering the 13th National Party Congress was also published in the International Analysis section of HK01, one of the largest online newspapers of Hong Kong (China).
It noted that the Congress brought together 1,587 delegates representing over 5.1 million of Party members nationwide.
The article also said that the CPV’s prestige has been strengthened in 2020 through efforts in battling corruption and COVID-19./.
- MEDIA Salles opens 13th DigiTraining Plus
- Leader suggests issues for discussion at Party Central Committee’s meeting
- Party Central Committee completes 10th meeting’s agenda
- China Box Office: Feng Xiaogang's 'Youth' Opens to $48M, 'Coco' Crosses $150M
- GOP Rep. Farenthold resigns from Congress
- Media Matters Highlights Tancredo’s Anti-Obama Screed, Ignores McCain Bashing
- Orrin Hatch Trashes Media: ‘Amazing To Me That They Let [Obama] Get Away With’ Fiscal Cliff Proposals
- 'The Party's Just Beginning' Review: Karen Gillan Makes a Dark, Dazzling Directorial Debut [Tribeca]
- Carl Bernstein: ‘Rage-A-Holic’ Trump Is Now A National Emergency
- House Dem Katie Porter wears Batgirl costume in Congress
- Acadia National Park re-opens visitor center
- Photos from the National Rifle Association's 2018 conference in Dallas
Opening of 13th National Party Congress a magnet to int’l media have 430 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.