Orient Commercial Join Stock Bank wants to become one of the top five private banks in Viet Nam, its chairman, Trinh Van Tuan, has said.
Speaking at the bank’s re-listing road show in HCM City last week, he told prospective investors the bank is set to increase its profits, assets and charter capital by 20- 25 per cent annually.
“Priority customer segments, sustainable growth, improving asset quality through an international standard risk management system, and optimising technology and digital banking platforms to drive growth and efficiency are our main focuses.”
OCB said it plans to list over 1 billion shares on the HCM City Stock Exchange on the 28th of this month at a minimum price of VND22,900, taking its market capitalisation to nearly 26 trillion (US$1.1 billion) and ranking it in the top 30 on the exchange.
It restructured in 2011-15 with a focus on strengthening operations and risk management.
From being a mid-level bank, it climbed to the top of the private bank group in terms of growth, safety and efficiency.
It has steadily maintained high profit growth, increasing it from less than VND500 billion ($21.6 million) as of 2015 to VND4.4 trillion ($190 million) by 2020.
Its assets grew from VND49.4 trillion ($ to VND152.7 trillion in the period.
In 2017 it became the first bank to achieve Basel II norms in Viet Nam.
One of the main focuses of OCB is digital transformation. — VNS
- 2017: The Best and Worst Legislators
- Town Tavern: Northeast Ohio’s best weekend brunches, breakfasts
- Rich Kids of Switzerland flaunt WADS of cash, lavish private jets and pricey champagne (but they still love a McDonald’s)
- Bank of England’s interest rate rise could leave you £500 lighter — plus find out how to win £5,000 with Sun Savers
- Europe eyes stimulus plan, but ultra-low rates raise doubts
- Organized criminals eye vulnerable Greece for illicit enterprise
- Finance Watch keeps an eye on markets
- Deutsche Bank Head Urges Rethink of Business Risk
- Deutsche Bank: five problems, one ray of hope
- Meet Taylor’s VERY sexy bikini-clad pals… and see the eye-watering amount each of them is worth
- Lock in moisture, build a base or plump your pout… check out these fabulous facial products that won’t break the bank
- The Depot: Northeast Ohio’s best weekend brunches, breakfasts
OCB eyes spot among 5 best private bank in Viet Nam have 375 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.