A trial run of a stock trading system from the Republic of Korea with securities companies will be conducted after the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday, said Tran Van Dung, Chairman of the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC).
Tran Van Dung, Chairman of the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC), speaks at the January 19 press conference. (Photo: VNA)
Provided by the Korean Exchange (KRX), the new system is expected to be officially put into use at the end of the year, he added.
After five or six months of talks, the KRX agreed to send experts to assist in the trial run, and they have arrived in Ho Chi Minh City.
Tests of the new system could be affected by multiple factors, he continued. For example, if the COVID-19 situation takes a turn for the worse, it may disrupt the experts’ travel. If errors occur, meanwhile, the time needed to fix them remains unknown, the SSC leader said.
“We cannot guarantee that it will be 100 percent on schedule, but we have back-up plans for potentially adverse events,” he said.
He added that the new system should be operational as soon as possible as a solution against recent system failures caused by excessive trading orders on the HCM City Stock Exchange (HoSE).
The KRX signed an agreement with its Vietnamese counterpart in 2016 on establishing advanced IT infrastructure for the latter’s stock market, the RoK news agency Yonhap reported./.VNA
With increasingly rapid developments occurring in the gold and stock markets, economic experts believe these represent risky investment channels, with investors needing to carefully consider all of their financial decisions.
- 5 years ago, stock-trading app Robinhood was rejected by 75 investors — now it’s worth $5.6 billion
- Robinhood, the stock trading app loved by millennial investors and cryptocurrency traders, could soon be a $5.6 billion company
- US SEC to review stock trading rules in big potential shakeup
- Barclays has the fastest growing stock trading team around — and it’s posing a threat to some of the biggest players
- US stocks: Trade hopes lift S&P to record as tech leads
- JPMorgan’s assault on Silicon Valley’s turf continues with launch of cheap stock trading app
- Steve Cohen’s VC firm led a $21 million investment in a startup that wants to power free stock trading
- 8 Israelis, 474 Filipino arrested for stock trading scam
- 8 Israelis, 474 Filipinos arrested for stock trading scam
- Broad decline weighs on TSX as U.S. stocks trade lower after Trump proposed more tariffs
- Silicon Valley’s backers of new stock exchange seek approval
- Toronto stocks traded higher, while U.S. markets slip lower; Loonie down
New stock trading system from RoK to be tested after Tet have 434 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.