This new investment is in addition to Intel’s $1 billion investment to build a state-of-the-art chip assembly and test manufacturing (ATM) facility in Saigon High-Tech Park (SHTP), first announced in 2006. This takes Intel’s total investment in its Vietnam facility to $1.5 billion.
According to Kim Huat Ooi, vice president of Manufacturing and Operations and general manager of Intel Products Vietnam Co., Ltd., as of the end of 2020, Intel Products Vietnam has shipped more than 2 billion units to customers worldwide. “We’re very proud of this milestone, which shows both how important IPV is to helping Intel meet the needs of its customers all around the world, and why we continue to invest in our facilities and team here in Vietnam,” Ooi said.
Intel Products Vietnam is an important part of Intel’s worldwide manufacturing presence. As Intel redefines its position in the industry from a CPU to a multi-architecture XPU company, IPV will continue to diversify and improve its local operations so that it can take on more complex technologies and new products to enable Intel to tap new market opportunities.
At the awarding ceremony of the amended investment registration certificate – Phase 1 investment expansion – Nguyen Anh Thi, president of SHTP said he highly appreciated the expanded investment of Intel Vietnam, especially in the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, when most local and foreign investment have been impacted.
“The increased investment decision from Intel means a great deal to us and proves Intel’s great confidence in the local workforce and the stable investment environment in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, and SHTP in particular. We will continuously provide our best support to Intel operations and look forward to welcoming more US investors and consider Intel’s expansion and new investment in Vietnam, particularly in SHTP as a great success story,” said Thi.
Intel’s additional investment of $475 million was made between June 2019 and December 2020, and helped enhance the manufacturing of Intel’s 5G products, Intel Core processors with Intel Hybrid Technology, and 10th Gen Intel Core processors.
IPV is the largest assembly and test manufacturing facility in the Intel assembly and test network. It has more than 2,700 employees and serves customers around the world. IPV is one of 10 manufacturing sites that Intel has globally and remains the largest US high-tech investment in Vietnam.
- Vietnam facility among Intel's best worldwide
- US semiconductor firm gets license for $36 mln Vietnam facility
- Formosa to pour additional $250 million into Vietnam factory
- World Bank to provide an additional $100 million to Haiti
- Additional 100 million USD for poverty reduction in Vietnam
- Additional 600 million USD poured into Dong Nai
- Additional 1 million Euro to help Vietnamese flood victims recover from European Commission
- Intel cranks up investment in Vietnam to $1 bln
- Intel's investment project in Vietnam draws more investors
- Additional 2 million USD to develop higher technical education in Vietnam
- HCM City opens an additional methadone addiction treatment facility
- PM OKs additional 5 million USD on Central Highlands
Intel injects additional $475 million into Vietnam facility have 496 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.