Hanoi (VNA) – The Hanoi Department of Tourism has decided to concentrate resources on promoting the domestic tourism market this year and will prepare to welcome international arrivals when conditions allow.
The goal was unveiled at a conference held by the Department of Tourism on January 20 to deploy tasks for 2021.
According to the department’s Director Dang Huong Giang, it has compiled three growth scenarios for the sector. One projects an early recovery that allows Hanoi to welcome 15.34 million domestic visitors, double the figure in 2020. An early recovery would mean the normal operation of services and accommodation facilities, with average occupancy exceeding 45 percent.
The sector has also set out an overall target of catering to between 13.16 and 19.4 million tourists, including 10.96-15.34 million domestic visitors.
Products to be launched to stimulate domestic tourism will cover key destinations in the capital such as the Thang Long Ancient Citadel, Hoa Lo Prison, Duong Lam ancient village, and Van Mieu (the Temple of Literature) and Quoc Tu Giam (Vietnam’s first university).
The development of culinary, nightlife, and extreme sports tours are also a focus.
Meanwhile, a series of promotional events are scheduled to take place before, during, and after the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31) hosted by Vietnam later this year. The event will take place from November 21 to December 2 in Hanoi and 11 neighbouring cities and provinces, including Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh, Vinh Phuc, Phu Tho, and Bac Giang./.
- Reducing tourism-related emissions key to check climate change impacts on tourism
- Quang Ninh speeds up MICE tourism development
- Vietnamese carriers keen to fly to Thailand amid tourism boom
- Vietnam Travel & Tourism Summit 2019 opens in Hanoi
- Civilization 6 Culture Victory explained - how to earn Foreign Tourists, Domestic Tourists, and Tourism in Civ 6
- Vietnam Travel and Tourism Summit discusses four important issues
- BIM LAND and HYATT make Agreement at Vietnam Travel and Tourism Summit 2019
- Perpetrators using drones to stalk victims in new age of technology fuelled harassment
- Ooni of Ife, Otunba Runsewe map Ile-Ife for tourism
- PM urges Ca Mau to unlock potential for tourism development
- Medical tourists help Indian hospitals beat slump in domestic market
- Hanoi leads FDI injection in first three quarters
Hanoi to focus on fuelling domestic tourism in 2021 have 366 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.