It is reported that some 5,000 people have linked to the pandemic outbreaks across the country.
The Hanoi Center for Disease Control (CDC) is able to analyze up to 10,000 Covid-19 samples per day with a view to early zoning off areas linked to Covid-19 outbreaks across the country, according to the Hanoi CDC's Deputy Director Truong Quang Viet.
“If we apply the method of community screening test or pool testing for coronavirus in groups, the capacity of 10,000 samples per day can be achievable,” said the deputy director.
Hanoi has recorded nine cases of Covid-19 in the community. Photo: Nguyet Anh
The Hanoi CDC is implementing an RT-PCR test plan for returnees from the pandemic-hit northern provinces of Hai Duong and Quang Ninh, including those who have been to Van Don airport and Muong Thanh Luxury Ha Long Hotel, Dong Trieu district and Chi Linh city; or those who have come to the areas that are warned by the Ministry of Health or have been under lockdown.
Those who have been to the above-mentioned areas since January 14 must take Covid-19 test. If showing symptoms of Covid-19, they must be put under strict quarantine for treatment at the medical facility after being sampled.
Mr. Truong Quang Viet added that the Hanoi CDC is running eight RT-PCR test machines and four extraction machines.
“Currently, in the warehouse, there are more than 32,000 PCR bio-products to test together with the extractors. Thus, the consumable materials are sufficient for testing,” Mr. Viet said.
He confirmed some 5,000 people linked to the pandemic outbreaks across the country.
However, the Hanoi CDC has planned to carry out Covid-19 test for 8,000 people amid continuous reports of new community cases of the viral disease in the city and northern localities.
Five new community transmissions of Covid-19 were confirmed in Hanoi on January 31 morning, raising its tally to nine in the last four days.
Vietnam also recorded fourteen more Covid-19 patients this morning, following the latest outbreak in eight localities with 221 community transmissions across the country just a few days before the Lunar New Year ( Tet ), Vietnam’s biggest holiday.
Local residents are still recommended to regularly wash hands with soap or hand sanitizers, clean surfaces and frequently touched objects (door knobs, mobile phones, tablets, tables, and chairs). People are also asked to keep safe distance with each other and avoid mass gatherings.
At the time of writing, Vietnam reported only 1,781 Covid-19 cases, including 287 active patients and 35 deaths.
- Hanoi suspends crowds for Covid-19 prevention
- Delhi: 11% of symptomatic negative cases in rapid antigen tests found Covid-19 positive in RT-PCR
- CDC director: US COVID-19 deaths likely to exceed 9/11 toll for 60 days
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar, who tested coronavirus COVID-19 positive, stable, says hospital
- People living in Tier Three areas could receive shopping vouchers in return for getting tested for Covid-19 under plans to squash outbreaks in hotspots
- Over 2,240 tested for COVID-19 after local infections detected in Ho Chi Minh City
- All fever patients to be tested for COVID-19
- Now, test for Covid-19 at home with Jamia kit
- U.S. Houston mayor asks people to get tested for COVID-19 after holiday
- CDC to shorten COVID-19 quarantine to 10 days, 7 with test
- United States: CDC to shorten Covid-19 quarantine to 10 days, 7 with test
- Africa CDC predicts more COVID-19 cases due to festivities
Hanoi CDC can test 10,000 Covid-19 samples per day have 537 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at January 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.