|Representatives and sponsors of VIR’s Swing for the Kids Fund attended the trip to hand over the scholarships, including Tran Kim Nga from Vietnam Beverage Co., Ltd. and Dang Ngoc Quang from BRG Group|
Tran Kim Nga, CEO of Vietnam Beverage Co., Ltd. said, “This is the first time I’m partaking in this meaningful event. It filled me with joy to see the bright faces of the students when they were granted the scholarships. Though their financial value is not very high, I believe that these scholarships can encourage them for their future learning and work.”
VIR’s Editor-in-chief, Le Trong Minh, emphasised that “this year’s programme is special, as many students and their families had to face the challenges imposed by the pandemic.” Speaking at the event, Minh also expressed his hopes that “these small gifts will help to step-by-step reduce the negative impact of the children’s difficult circumstances and motivate them to strive for a better future.”
|VIR’s Editor-in-chief Le Trong Minh|
Being a diamond sponsor from the beginning, Vingroup’s vice chairman of the company’s Management Board, Le Khac Hiep, has always been supporting and participating in many these charity activities to help young students from remote coastal areas to mountainous provinces facing poverty and extraordinary difficulties.
Over the past 14 years, the prestigious VIR’s golf tournament Swing for the Kids gathered more than VND17.5 billion ($760,000) to provide over 16,000 scholarships to disadvantaged students, build IT classrooms with new computers, and upgrade numerous schools in over 40 provinces and cities across the country. As a much-anticipated charity sports activity organised every spring, the tournament brings further opportunities and hope for the future for Vietnamese students.
Towards the end of the event, VIR’s Minh said, “I sincerely thank the local authorities for helping us to organise the ceremony and supporting our efforts to contribute to a healthy and cheerful youth for these children. We hope that in the coming years, we will further be able to support the community with the help of our kind-hearted sponsors.”
- Kick off the 13th annual Swing for the Kids
- North Suburban YMCA Strong Kids Fundraiser Goes Virtual
- Exclusive! Paddlers G Sathiyan, Neha Aggarwal elated with response as they raise funds for TT fraternity amid pandemic
- Parental advantages help 'gifted' youngsters get ahead
- 4 reasons why pre-planning your funeral Is the best gift you can give your kids
- Amaten Poised to Become Global Leader in Digital Gift Cards Following A Striking $100 Million in Sales
- GB sevens captain sounds warning for entire game over RFU's swingeing cuts
- Sabotaging the Census Is a Gift to White Power
- Take the kids to … Eden Project, near St Austell, Cornwall
- My girl, 11, can’t walk after a rare disease robbed her of her future – now I’ve helped raise £75k to help find a cure
- Hull KR chairman slams Toronto withdrawal ahead of crunch meeting on Wolfpack future
- Most NC parents won’t have option to send kid back to school
Gifts for the future from Swing for the Kids Fund have 490 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.