HÀ NỘI — The Friends of Vietnam Heritage will hold an excursion to Hạ Mỗ Village in Hà Nội’s suburban district of Đan Phượng on January 23.
Located about 22km from the city centre, Hạ Mỗ was the land of Ô Diên Citadel in the past.
Ô Diên Citadel dates back to the 6th century AD and is smaller and less famous than the old capitals of Thăng Long and Huế, but equally important.
Fifteen centuries have passed and the vestiges of the citadel such as architecture, structure, and materials are difficult to identify. The traces of its history, however, are visible and can be understood through some relics including Vạn Xuân Communal house, Hàm Rồng Temple, Chính Khí Temple and Văn Hiến Temple.
Alongside visiting some relics, during this trip, the tour group will meet Nguyễn Tọa, a Hạ Mỗ villager, former Vice President of the Hà Nội Folk Arts Association, who is devoted to, the research and collection of Hạ Mỗ’s historical documents to pass on to the next generations of the village.
The tour will also include a cooking class conducted by two villagers who will guide tour members to cool two local dishes – cháo se (porridge) and bánh đúc (rice steamed cake).
The tour, which is in Vietnamese with English translation, will run from 8am until 5pm. Cost: VNĐ380,000/person.
Registration via this link before January 20: forms.gle/aEYGAF3c5LmZ3yxW9. VNS
- Why the Coronavirus Has Me Window Shopping Real Estate Like Crazy
- Vietnam's legendary long-haired army
- Rebel Wilson’s Erasure of Queen Latifah, an Icon Hiding in Plain Sight
- Britain at its best: Exploring the Llyn Peninsula, a coastal corner steeped in classic Celtic culture
- Travelling lightly: Here are the world's most eco-friendly destinations
- The Latest: Texas begins reopening as new virus deaths drop
- The Latest: China reports 1 new virus case, no deaths
- WE NEVER KNEW: Napalm use during Vietnam's French-American War
- Jakarta: the unlikely capital city of sex and swinging
FVH excursion to historical suburban Hạ Mỗ Village have 359 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.