ĐẮK LẮK — The Central Highlands province of Đắk Lắk can ship its staples to the world even as the COVID-19 pandemic wreaks havoc on the global economy by enhancing exports via Amazon, according to insiders.
At a conference held in the province on Wednesday, experts discussed measures to step up shipments via the world’s biggest e-commerce platform and opportunities for Vietnamese firms to boost cross-border sales. They also shared solutions to develop brands in the digital era while introducing support services to businesses who want to sell products on Amazon.
Vice Chairman of the provincial Department of Industry and Trade Huỳnh Ngọc Dương said selling products on Amazon will help local goods engage in the global value chain, adding many training courses have been held to improve local firms’ understanding of e-commerce activities.
The department has also worked with Alibaba and Amazon to pen suitable training for businesses to join the online retail sales system, he added.
Đắk Lắk holds huge potential to ship several agricultural products abroad such as coffee, pepper, rubber, cashew and honey. Some local businesses have sold their products on e-commerce platforms, but most still prefer traditional sales channels.
From 2019, Amazon opened up its platform for more than 100 Vietnamese firms.
Chairman and General Director of MCC Group Phan Thanh Dũng said MCC and Amazon Vietnam are working together to help businesses across the nation sell their products on the e-commerce platform.
Currently, 25-30 per cent of the Vietnamese goods sold on Amazon are handcrafts and agricultural products, which have been favoured by foreign consumers, he said, stressing MCC Group pledges support for Vietnamese firms and those in Đắk Lắk to develop brands and open booths on Amazon until they can operate independently on the platform. — VNS
- Exports may dip 5.8%, imports by 11.3% in second half of 2020-21: Economic Survey
- Exports of domestically owned business increase in first seven months
- Amazon launches seller registration, account management services in Kannada
- CAIT objects to MoU between Karnataka govt and Amazon
- Aim to achieve $25 billion in defence production and 5 billion exports by 2025: Rajnath Singh
- Budget 2021: Government may announce steps in to promote e-commerce exports, imports
- Global oil demand to rise, boosted by vaccine distribution and economy
- Buoyant exporters face post-pandemic blues
- Ben Tre targets 6.23 pct. in export growth this year
- Amazon's algorithms boost vaccine misinformation, says study
- UK's competitions watchdog launches investigation into algorithms used by Google, Amazon and Facebook amid fears they are 'manipulating' lives
- How rich is ex Amazon boss Jeff Bezos compared to tech rivals Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and more?
Đắk Lắk aims to boost exports via Amazon have 421 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.