HÀ NỘI — The election of deputies to the 15th National Assembly (NA) and to the people’s councils at all levels in the 2021-26 tenure is an opportunity to exercise people’s ownership and to select virtuous, talented representatives of people, Party General Secretary, President Nguyễn Phú Trọng told a national conference on Thursday which discussed measures to ensure security and safety for the upcoming vote on May 23.
The conference was chaired by the Politburo and attended by representatives of the National Election Council, NA Standing Committee, Government and the Fatherland Front.
The elections will take place at an extremely important time when the whole country is celebrating the success of the 13th National Party Congress, which is a major political event of our Party, our country, our people, said Party chief Trọng.
Activities to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the first general election day have left good impressions and been a chance to review outstanding achievements of the Vietnamese NA during the past 14 terms. It also helps the NA, the highest representative body of the people and the most powerful agency in the country, to learn valuable lessons to continue to innovate, improve the effectiveness of its operation, he said.
He urged local authorities at all levels to carry out guidelines and plans to make a good preparation for the elections, making them a national festival.
The Politburo previously has approved a decree directing the whole political system to mobilise all sources to successfully organise the elections and ensure democracy, equality, law adherence and safety.
The Party chief noted that the elections must follow directions and major policies of the National Party Congress, especially in selecting officials who have enough qualifications to take on the duties.
At the conference, participants listened to the introduction of important election documents.
NA Chairwoman Nguyễn Thị Kim Ngân said together with the 13th national Party Congress, elections of deputies to the 15th NA and the people’s councils at all levels for the term 2021-26 will significantly contribute to promoting democracy, fostering national unity as well as successfully implementing the goals and tasks set by the 13th Party Congress Resolution.
The NA will hold a meeting by the end of this week to determine the number of eligible candidates for each locality. Then each province/city will compile a list of candidates, Ngân, who is chairwoman of the National Election Council said. — VNS
- Govt. will support CAA if nation’s interest warrants it: KTR
- Reporting while Muslim: how I covered the US presidential election
- Japan fears the once distant threat of North Korean missiles is becoming real
- Exclusive: Inside The Media Conspiracy To Hype Greta Thunberg
- Democrats Fight the Florida Recount With One Eye on Toppling Trump in 2020
- Labour to decide on Brexit public vote on Tuesday, says Corbyn
- Impasse over Senate impeachment trial likely to last weeks as both sides dig in
- Trump takes historic walk from the DMZ into North Korean territory as he meets Kim Jong-un, who hails him as 'courageous' - and the president invites dictator to visit the U.S. and announces resumption of 'concrete negotiations'
- 2019 is the year tech couldn't stop screwing up
- Did Trump Obstruct Justice? Chapter and Verse
- The Man Who Taught Donald Trump To Pit Gay People Against Immigrants
- The Hill's Morning Report — Presented by T-Mobile — The political currents that will drive the shutdown showdown
Conference discusses preparation for national election in May have 578 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.