Nguyễn Hữu Nghĩa, deputy director of the Party Central Economic Commission, talks to the Quân đội nhân dân (People’s Army) newspaper on how the Party’s resolution on national socio-economic development from 2011-2020 was implemented
Do you have any comments on the tasks laid down by the 12th National Party Congress on Việt Nam’s social-economic development in 2011-2020?
The year 2020 was the last year of Việt Nam’s five-year economic development plan (2016-2020) and the 10-year socio-economic development (2011-2020) plan. What the country did in those 10 years was a pivotal factor deciding whether national socio-economic development would be achieved or not. However, the outbreak of COVID-19 has affected all countries worldwide, including Việt Nam.
In such a context, under the leadership of the Party and the Politburo, Việt Nam has overcome challenges and recorded quite many important achievements. It is estimated that in the last five years, the Vietnamese economy achieved some US$340 billion, ranking fourth among Southeast Asian nations. Notably, the private sector and the foreign investment sector have become important key players in the national economy. Meanwhile, the State economy has remained a pivotal factor in the course of national economic development.
Can you talk about the contributions of the Central Economic Management Board in the country’s socio-economic development?
In 2016- 2020, the Central Economic Management Board developed many proposals to submit to the Party Central Committee and Secretariat, including the issuance of 15 resolutions and conclusions of the Party about the socio-economy. All these documents aimed to turn Việt Nam into a developing country with a modern industry with high average income so that by the year 2045, Việt Nam will become a developed nation with high income.
The achievements of Việt Nam in the last five years have laid down a solid foundation for the country to achieve its goals for the year 2030 and a vision to 2045. One of the goals is that by the year 2045, the private economy will be an important driving force in the national economy.
What should Việt Nam do to turn Party resolutions into life quickly and efficiently?
To turn Party resolutions into life quickly and effectively, I think that we should solve the following three issues.
First, Party committees, administrations, Fatherland Front organisations and all mass organisations should work to help the general public understand the Party resolutions through mass communication activities.
Second, all Party guidelines and resolutions on national socio-economic development should be institutionalised in law or legal documents.
And finally, regular monitoring and inspection missions must be conducted to make sure the Party resolutions are fully and strictly implemented. VNS
- Implementation of 2011 Party Platform produces important developments in theory, practice
- Bright economic appearance after 35 years of innovation
- Virus containment, growth goals achieved: HCM City chief
- Int’l economic integration a bright spot in Việt Nam’s external affairs: Deputy FM
- Development strategy for building material sector to be devised
- Bright future of sustainable development ahead for Phu Quoc city: official
- PM asks experts to study new driving force for development
- Laos to enhance cooperation with development partners
- 13th National Party Congress – new milestone in Vietnam’s development process
- Viet Nam posts remarkable economic achievements in 2016-20 period
- Lao party official spotlights CPV’s leadership role in Vietnam’s success
Achievements in socio-economic development have 547 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.