HCM City (VNS/VNA) – Lecturers and students at many universities in Ho Chi Minh City and elsewhere are making hand sanitisers, which are much in demand, and giving them for free to staff and students amid the public health emergency caused by the new strain of coronavirus ( COVID-19 ).
At Hong Bang International University, a team of lecturers and students from its biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical departments has made 500 bottles of the sanitisers in various sizes and handed them over to staff and students.
They are made from 70 percent ethanol and essential oils of cajeput, orange, coconut, and others.
The university said the product had been approved by the Pasteur Institute .
Assoc Prof Dr Ho Thanh Phong, the university's rector, said enough is being made for staff and students to use daily.
The university has also made surgical masks for them.
On February 2, a group of staff and students of organic chemical engineering at the HCM City University of Technology also made instant hand sanitiser, surface sanitiser spray and anti-bacterial handwash.
They have been put in buildings, meeting rooms and other locations around the campus.
Besides, 50-100ml bottles have been handed over to lecturers.
In the dormitory students' body temperatures are being measured.
Mien Trung Industry and Trade College in the south-central province of Phu Yen has made instant hand sanitisers based on the formula recommended by the World Health Organization to donate to the public.
Lac Hong University in the southern province of Dong Nai has made hand sanitisers using 70 percent ethanol, glycerine and nanosilver for the public and its staff and students./.
- University sexual assault policies are often 'inconsistent' and 'confusing'
- Syracuse University suspends all social activity for fraternities and sororities after a Black student was called the N-word at a party
- Students take to streets for protest against tuition fees
- Syracuse University students say New Zealand mosque shooter's manifesto was Airdropped to their phones as FBI investigates latest racist episode to rock the New York campus
- Sexual assault: What is your university doing to prevent it?
- Nottingham Trent wins inaugural Guardian university of the year award
- Reports of racist manifesto at Syracuse University likely a hoax, chancellor says
- Syracuse halts fraternity activities after student reports being called racist slur on campus
- Govt 'afraid' of any university encouraging free flow of thought: Cong on JNU
- These students are changing the way we look at the world
- Businessman hands out $1,000 to every student, teacher in fire-ravaged town
- Student protest: we are all in this together
Universities make, distribute hand sanitisers to students, staff have 436 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.