They also agreed to build a framework of the UK-Singapore Digital Economy Agreement (DEA) and launch negotiations on the DEA next year.
The DEA will play a vanguard role for modern rules on digital trade and financial services between Europe and Southeast Asia.
Under the UK-Singapore FTA, companies from both countries will enjoy the same benefits they are receiving under the EU-Singapore FTA.
These benefits include tariff elimination for goods trade and increased access to services and government procurement markets. There would also be a reduction of non-tariff barriers, including in four major sectors of electronics, motor vehicles and vehicle parts, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and renewable energy generation.
Chan said the UK-Singapore FTA will provide Singapore and UK companies with certainty and clarity in trading arrangements between both countries.
Alongside the deal, both sides also pledged to launch talks to sign a high-standard investment protection agreement in the near future. They hoped that talks on the deal will start after two years and be signed within four years since the UK-Singapore FTA takes effect./.
- Exclusive: Philip Hammond suggests new Brexit plan as he slates 'do or die' pledge and questions free-trade deals
- Indonesia free trade deal in limbo as pressure mounts on Scott Morrison to rule out moving Israel embassy
- Canada Joins Free Trade Deal With US And Mexico
- Brexit: Theresa May, Cabinet agree to UK-EU free trade area for goods
- France Says EU Could Agree ‘Unique’ Trade Deal… if UK ‘Plays Fair’
- Korea, ASEAN to Promote Free Trade Against Global Tide of Protectionism
- Korea, ASEAN Commit to Free Trade
- U.S. Companies Turn to Brexit Britain for Increased Trade Despite U.K. Fears of Trump Trade Deal, Surveys Show
- Global trade deals will be bigger outside than in the EU, says David Davis
- US and Britain could sign sector-by-sector trade deals, says Bolton
- Spotlight: S.Korea, ASEAN clamor for free trade, anti-protectionism for regional prosperity
- Hammond: UK could reject any Brexit deal excluding financial services
Singapore, UK sign bilateral free trade deal have 352 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.