Thiet’s family receive the donation.On December 17, the representative of Dantri, state employees at Tan Yen District and the Red Cross Organisation in Que Nham Commune visited and transferred VND122,795,000 to the family of Pham Thi Thiet. Thiet said after the story of her children was published, they have received many calls from people nation-wide for encouragement and donations. People donated over VND120m to them through the Red Cross Organisation in Tan Yen District.
“This is the first time I have ever had such a huge amount of money. I want to thank everyone that helped us. I also want my children to get better,” she said.
Thanks to the donation, they were able to continue the treatment. As of now, her children’s health has improved greatly.
Phan The Vinh, deputy party secretary of Tan Yen, said, “The people in Tan Yen District have received much help from Dantri readers in the past years. We really appreciate everyone’s kindness. We also hope more disadvantaged people will get help from the community.”
Nguyen Quang Vinh, one of Thiet’s children, was born in November 2016 when Thiet was 20 years old. He rarely cried and his legs were stiff. But at three months old, he couldn’t move his body and was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Thiet and her husband brought him to Hanoi for treatment. In 2019, Thiet’s second son, Nguyen Duc Linh, was born. He also had the same symptoms as Vinh’s and was diagnosed with cerebral palsy.
Thiet’s husband earns little money as a factory worker while she stays home to look after the children.
- People with Down syndrome, autism and cerebral palsy ‘could be left to die from coronavirus under new guidance’
- Vietnamese woman with cerebral palsy strives to stand on her own feet
- WCD dept. comes to the aid of children’s homes
- How children with special needs and their parents are navigating the lockdown
- Dantri readers support poor family in Can Tho City
- Octogenarian who rejected poverty status donates life’s savings to Vietnam’s COVID-19 cause
- Jennifer Garner, Amy Adams on ‘Save With Stories,’ Helping Children During Coronavirus Quarantine
- How we’ve been helping charities hit by virus crisis with YOUR generous donations
- Sun readers salute our brave local heroes who are going the extra mile
- Sun readers share moving messages of thanks and love for Britain’s virus crisis stars
- Angelina Jolie Donates $1 Million to Charity That Provides Meals to Kids Who Rely on School Lunches
- Kylie Jenner Donates $1 Million to Buy Masks and Face Shields for Coronavirus First Responders
Readers donate to cerebral palsy children have 450 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.