The amount of overseas remittances, or ‘kieu hoi’ as called by Vietnamese, continues to increase, which shows that people see great business opportunities in the country. The World Bank estimated that kieu hoi may reach $16.7 billion in 2019, an increase of 4.6 percent compared with 2018. This was the third consecutive year that Vietnam was ranked among the top 10 kieu hoi recepients. The amount of overseas remittances, or ‘kieu hoi’ as called by Vietnamese, continues to increase, which shows that people see great business opportunities in the country. The wave of young Viet Kieu returning to Vietnam to make investments and develop startups has also helped increase kieu hoi. Chi Mai Remittance soaring to benefit real estate projects? With the market warming up at the end of last year, the number of real estate deals has also been on the rise thanks to soaring remittances. Monthly remittances exceed earnings of low-income VN households by 10 times As global remittances hit record highs, a new report by UniTeller of low-income adults in Vietnam reveals the value of monthly remittances from family and friends working abroad now averages ten times of the monthly incomes of recipients.
- Vietnam economy gradually reboots in May
- Some consumer fireworks emit high levels of lead and other toxins, a new study finds
- High-level panel to decide on standard operating procedure, High Court informed
- Biden taps Obama alums for high-level campaign positions: report
- We are going back to a path of a high level of financial discipline: Anish Shah, M&M
- Trump renews threat to cut ties with Beijing, a day after high-level U.S.-China talks
- Andy Murray confident will play at high level again
- 30% of India Inc now functioning at high levels of capacity utilisation of 70% and above
- Lam says market shows confidence in legislation
- Russia Records High Level of US Military Activity Near Country's Borders, General Staff Says
High level of overseas remittances shows confidence in Vietnam’s economy have 321 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 1, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.