The amount of overseas remittances, or ‘kieu hoi’ as called by Vietnamese, continues to increase, which shows that people see great business opportunities in the country.
The World Bank estimated that kieu hoi may reach $16.7 billion in 2019, an increase of 4.6 percent compared with 2018. This was the third consecutive year that Vietnam was ranked among the top 10 kieu hoi recepients.
|The amount of overseas remittances, or ‘kieu hoi’ as called by Vietnamese, continues to increase, which shows that people see great business opportunities in the country.|
The wave of young Viet Kieu returning to Vietnam to make investments and develop startups has also helped increase kieu hoi.
With the market warming up at the end of last year, the number of real estate deals has also been on the rise thanks to soaring remittances.
As global remittances hit record highs, a new report by UniTeller of low-income adults in Vietnam reveals the value of monthly remittances from family and friends working abroad now averages ten times of the monthly incomes of recipients.
- Pollen Count: High levels of grass pollen!
- Pollen Count: Moderate to high levels of grass pollen!
- The Overseas Property Show returns to the RDS
- NI’s record high level of employment
- High-Level Trade Talks With China Fail, While Tariffs Double
- Belarus expected to set date for EaP high-level meeting
- Italy could face €3bn fine over high levels of public debt
- Turkey condemns EU decision to suspend high-level talks
- The High Level Bridge was completed 170 years ago
- High levels of allergens found in primary school classrooms