The OCOP program, with a view to honoring prominent craft villages' goods and products, has been identified by Hanoi's authorities as one of the solutions to boost domestic consumption.
Hanoi is committed to creating favorable conditions for other provinces/cities to sell their products under the national's One Commune One Product (OCOP) program in the capital city.
Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen made the statement at the trade promotion event for OCOP products from southern region on December 18.
|Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen at the event. Photo: Pham Hung.|
The OCOP program, with a view to honoring prominent craft villages' goods and products, has been identified by Hanoi's authorities as one of the solutions to boost domestic consumption at a time when the Covid-19 pandemic is causing severe consequences on the local economy.
To date, Hanoi has completed the evaluation and classification for 630 OCOP products achieving 3-star rating and above, noted, Mrs. Tuyen.
"The city is cooperating with other provinces/cities to promote OCOP products across the country to both domestic and international customers," she added.
This year, the agricultural sector has emerged as a driving force for Hanoi's economic development, posting a growth rate of 4.2% year-on-year, which is considered high, Mrs. Tuyen added.
|Delegates visit OCOP products display section. Photo: Pham Hung.|
During the 2018-20 period, Hanoi allocated VND82 billion (US$3.54 million) to classify 800-1,000 goods and products under the OCOP program and acknowledge other 500 as OCOP products. So far, 630 products have been classified as OCOP products, exceeding the original target.
Along with the development of OCOP products, Hanoi has launched 13 OCOP showrooms in the city and organized four OCOP trade promotion events for products from northern mountainous, Red river delta, central highlands, and southern region.
|Visitors at the event. Photo: Pham Hung.|
Under the instruction of Hanoi's leaders, the municipal Department of Agricultural and Rural Development hosted four conferences on connecting supply – demand of OCOP products, which have resulted in 500 contracts signed for distribution of agricultural productsin Hanoi's market.
- Sysco’s Cutting Edge Solutions Introduces New Product Offerings
- iFresh, Inc. Announces Distribution Agreement with Hainan Chunguang Foodstuff Co., Ltd.
- Huttig Building Products, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2018 Results
- Earth Science Tech, Inc. (ETST) Promotes Women’s Health with Strategically Branded Self-sampling Kit
- The Government of Rwanda and Alibaba Group Enter into Agreements to Promote Rwanda's Economic Development
- iKAST.io to launch a blockchain based solution to empower content providers to monetize and distribute video contents
- Avivagen Announces Distribution Agreement for OxC-beta™ Livestock in Malaysia
- UNEX Manufacturing Promotes Collin Russell to Director of Sales
- Ozop Surgical Corp. Announces Acquisition of Established Distribution Company
- HEMP Becomes First Hemp-Focused Publication Distributed in Whole Foods Market
- Dominic J. Sedicino is Promoted to Senior Vice President, Director of Retail Banking at Peapack-Gladstone Bank
- Precision Therapeutics’ Skyline Medical Division Signs International Distribution Agreement with India-based Prenit World
Hanoi committed to promoting distribution of OCOP products have 488 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at December 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.