New Delhi, Dec 25: Union health ministry on Friday said that India recorded as many as 23,068 COVID cases and 336 deaths in 24 hours, taking the total tally to 1,01,46,846 crore. With 336 deaths, the toll climbed to 1,47,092.
Accoridng to the health ministry, the total active cases in the country stand at 2,81,919 which comprises 95.77 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated. The total discharged cases stand at 97,17,834 with 24,661 new discharges in the last 24 hours.
Meanwhile, the country tested 16,63,05,762 samples for COVID-19 on Thursday that is, 24 December. India has so far tested 9,97,396 samples so far, revealed the Indian Council of Medical Research.
The US is the worst-hit country with the world’s highest number of cases and deaths at 18,649,350 and 329,022, respectively, according to the CSSE.
India comes in second place in terms of cases at 1.01 crore while the country’s death toll soared to 1.4 lakh.
- 476 new COVID-19 cases send South Korea total past 4,000
- Three active coronavirus cases confirmed in India, Centre issues fresh travel advisory
- Coronavirus in India: Are people safe or should they worry? | Analysis
- Coronavirus outbreak: India in touch with Iran to evacuate its nationals
- Italy coronavirus cases exceed 1,000, death toll at 29
- First Coronavirus Case Confirmed in New York
- Sacramento Coronavirus Case From Unknown Origin Marks ‘Turning Point,’ State Says
- Covid-19: Experts counsel Nigerians on personal hygiene, organic foods
- Nirbhaya case: Tihar jail seeks new hanging date from Delhi court after President rejects Pawan's mercy plea
- Trump says additional coronavirus cases ‘likely’
- Spain, UK See New Coronavirus Cases; French Hunt Carriers In Alps
- Number of Coronavirus Cases in Iran Increases to 2,336 in Last 24 Hours – Health Ministry
Coronavirus cases: India records 23,068 new COVID-19 cases, 336 deaths in last 24 hours have 687 words, post on www.oneindia.com at December 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.