Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker is giving a COVID-19 update Thursday as the state is urging people to stay home as much as possible for the next three weeks amid a surge in virus cases. “Our goal is to reduce transmission as we head into the holidays so businesses and schools can remain open,” says the state’s health department.
Health officials are asking people to leave home only for “necessary and essential activities, such as work that must be performed outside the home, COVID-19 testing, visiting the pharmacy, and buying groceries.” They’re asking residents to work from home if possible and travel only if necessary.
How to watch Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker’s COVID-19 update
- What: Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker gives a COVID-19 update
- Date: Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Time: 2:30 p.m. local time (3:30 pm ET)
- Location: Illinois
- Online stream: Live on CBSN Chicago in the player above and on your mobile or streaming device
Illinois’ health department has reported more than 523,000 cases in the state, including over 10,400 deaths. As of Tuesday night, 5,042 people in the state were reported to be hospitalized with the virus, with 951 in ICUs and 404 on ventilators.
Pritzker said this week that hospitalizations are spiking.
“The nation is in a precarious place right now in this pandemic,” he said.
Note: Streaming plans are subject to change
- NSW fires ramp up again north of Forster-Tuncurry, residents urged to plan ahead
- Plebgate - MPs demand apology from officers: Politics live blog
- The best Apple Watch apps
- Spotify family plan members required to prove they live at the same address
- Illinois Recreational Marijuana Legalization Bill Signed Into Law
- Hurricane Dorian: Storm claims lives, bodies ‘floating in the water’
- Azadi March: Live updates
- Solar Eclipse in Carbondale, Illinois: When You Can See Total Eclipse Along Path Of Totality
- WATCH: Asked to wrap speech, lawmaker fights with Kiran Bedi on camera
- 19 Kids and Counting's Jed Duggar, 20, launches run for Arkansas House of Representatives with pro-life, pro-gun, and pro-religious liberty campaign
- Special Report: In a working-class Hong Kong neighborhood, the protests hit home
- Special Report: In a working-class Hong Kong neighbourhood, the protests hit home
Watch Live: Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker gives COVID-19 update as residents urged to stay home have 346 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at November 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.