Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved a seven-day Lunar New Year break following the proposal of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, and Social Affairs. Accordingly, officials, public servants, and employees working at administrative, non-business agencies, political and socio-political organizations will have seven days off, from February 10, 2021 to February 16, 2021. The seven-day break includes five days off from work and two days of compensatory leave as the last two out of the five-day streak overlaps the weekend. The Lunar New Year, or Tet, is the biggest festival in a year for Vietnamese as it is an occasion for family reunion, with the upcoming holiday falling on February 12, 2021. The government chief also approved four days off for the 2021 National Day, from September 2 to 5. Starting from 2021, the National Day holiday will last from September 2 to September 3 for the public sector. This schedule combined with the weekend holiday from September 4 to September 5, 2021 results in a four-day break. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
- Traffic accidents fall during Lunar New Year holiday
- Giant mice set to take over HCM City flower street ahead of Lunar New Year
- Saigon Co.op reserves 3,500 tons of pork for Lunar New Year
- Saigontourist puts on Lunar New Year tour programs
- Chinese orchestra performs at UN to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Traditional Chinese music concert held in NYC's iconic museum to mark Lunar New Year
- Chinese puppet show amazes American audience in Lunar New Year celebration
- DPRK premier attends Lunar New Year reception at Chinese embassy in Pyongyang
- Vietnamese workers abandoned by Korean employer promised new jobs
- +++ New Year's 2019 around the world - live updates +++
Vietnamese gov’t approves seven days off for 2021 Lunar New Year holiday have 288 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 28, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.