National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines will resume international flights by conducting one-way flights linking Vietnam and Japan from September 18, following suspension caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The airline’s representative said on September 11 that flights aim to meet demand of Vietnamese passengers travelling to Japan for study and work.
Accordingly, flights will depart from Hanoi for Tokyo at 11:45pm on September 18, 25, 30 and leave Ho Chi Minh City at 0am on September 30, using Boeing 787 – the largest wide-body and most modern aircraft of the carrier.
The airline is building a plan to resume flights to the Republic of Korea, China, Taiwan (China), Laos and Cambodia in the near future.
Earlier from June, Vietnam Airlines conducted several one-way flights between Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Seoul in the RoK and Frankfurt in Germany.
Many of its aircraft were also upgraded to carry cargo instead of passengers to help it through the pandemic crisis.
Vietnam Airlines increases flights from/to Da Nang
Vietnam Airlines will gradually increase flights from/to the central city of Da Nang as COVID-19 outbreaks have been brought under control nationwide, said a representative of the airline.
Between now and September 15, the airline will run two round trips from Hanoi and three others from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang. From September 15 to the end of this month, the respective numbers will be raised to four and five.
Along with another by its joint venture Pacific Airlines, the carrier is set to operate 10 trips per day to the city.
Flight schedule may be adjusted based on situations and development of the pandemic, it warned.
Social distancing and preventive measures will be applied during the flights per order of the Ministry of Transport to curb the spread of COVID-19. VNA
- Vietnam Airlines to increase flights to Philippines for football fans
- Vietnam Airlines joins hands with foreign carriers for tourism push
- Vietnam Airlines wants caps removed on domestic ticket prices
- British Airways resumes direct flights to Iran after sanctions are lifted
- Vietnam Airlines delays flights to and from Taiwan amid typhoon threat
- Mobile stairs punch hole in Vietnam Airlines plane at Saigon airport
- Vietnam Airlines raises pilots’ salaries to ward off poachers
- Vietnam Airlines proposes removing domestic airfare caps
- Hanoi-Saigon flight time climbs 5 mins a month
- SEA Games: Philippines tours hotcakes as Vietnam in football final
- Foreign investors grasp more control overn Vietnam’s aviation market
- Vietnamese flight delayed after S Korean needs urgent medical care
Vietnam Airlines resumes int’l flights from September 18 have 395 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.