|Foxconn Electronics announced the first batch of display screens in Quang Ninh|
Most of the 20,000 screens to be produced each year at the factory in the northern province of Quang Ninh are destined for export, the government said in a statement.
"Foxconn is preparing to expand the project and form a production complex," it added, saying the plan would make the company the leading exporter in the province.
The nation of 96 million has become a key production base for firms such as South Korea's Samsung Electronics to LG Electronics Inc. after it signed several free trade pacts.
Foxconn is to expand the Quang Ninh factory, which took a year to build, to eventually produce a million display screens and televisions, for a total export revenue of about $250 million next year, the government said.
That figure is to rise to $1 billion in later years, it added.
Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics maker, set up its first factory in Vietnam in 2007 in the northern province of Bac Ninh.
By Thanh Van
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 23
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 21
- High-tech manufacturing sector tops recruitment in Q3
- India plans incentives to bring in foreign manufacturers from Tesla to Glaxo
- High-tech manufacturing sector tops recruitment in 3rd quarter
- Manufacturers are mired in their deepest slump since the Great Recession
- Food for thought on a cycling tour of Vietnam
- HSBC economists report on Vietnam’s prospects during 10-day visit
- The Creators Of This Algae Plastic Want To Start A Maker Revolution
- How Survival Knives Are Designed And Manufactured
- Chinese infant formula maker establishes overseas production arm in Ireland
- Startup Saturday: Innovating to keep art, commerce & science of manufacturing alive
Taiwan-based maker Foxconn starts display manufacturing factory in Vietnam have 275 words, post on vir.com.vn at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.