Hanoi (VNA) – The contributions by Vietnam’s multilateral diplomacy and orientations for the sector in the new strategic period were discussed at a seminar held by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on November 4.
The event formed part of activities celebrating the 75th anniversary of Vietnam’s diplomatic sector and the United Nations (1945-2020).
During the first session, participants exchanged their views on the role of multilateral diplomacy in mobilising resources for national reconstruction, development and reform.
They reviewed Vietnam’s joining regional and international forums such as ASEAN, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and the UN, and proposed orientations for the country’s multilateral diplomacy in the time ahead.
Speaking at the seminar, Deputy Foreign Minister Le Hoai Trung stressed tasks for multilateral diplomacy in the new situation – persistently pursuing multilateralism, observing international law and the UN Charter, proposing initiatives, and actively and responsibility joining international efforts in response to global and regional issues, thus protecting the country’s territorial sovereignty as well as trade and economic interests.
To that end, Vietnam needs to harmonise the protection of its key interests with contribution to common interests of the international community, he said, suggesting more investments in improving the quality of officials working in the sector./.
- PM’s working visit to boost Vietnam-EU cooperative relations
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- Vietnam: South China Sea issues come under the spotlight
- Vietnam National Commission for UNESCO celebrates it’s 40th anniversary
- Vietnam, South Africa agree to boost comprehensive cooperation
- Seychelles treasures ties with Vietnam: President Faure
- Spotlight: Chinese premier to push for closer neighborhood, free trade in visits to Uzbekistan, Thailand
- At new starting point, China’s diplomacy brings certainty to uncertain world
- MAFBEX 2018 turns spotlight on Filipino food culture, entrepreneurship
- Indian diplomacy and the American Imperium – Part 1
- Philippines seeks multilateral approach to China missiles
- What to expect at the UN General Assembly
Seminar spotlights Vietnam’s multilateral diplomacy have 337 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.