Russia reported 20,582 new COVID cases Friday, a record daily high.
Dmitry Peskov, a Kremlin spokesman, did not give any details about what steps public health officials would take to curb the uptick.
With more than 1.7 million COVID infections in Russia, only the United States, India and Brazil have more coronavirus cases.
India reported more than 47,000 new COVID cases Friday.
Anyone traveling from Denmark to Britain must now self-isolate for 14 days. Denmark was removed Friday from Britain’s corridor of travel, following a coronavirus outbreak on mink farms in the Scandanavian country.
Denmark has announced it is culling more than 15 million minks in an effort to halt the spread of a mutated form of the coronavirus that has appeared in the minks.
Italy starting is beginning new coronavirus restrictions across the country. In the so-called ‘soft lockdown’ the country has been divided by colors according to risk with set of restrictions differing by color.
US hits another daily record
The rapid spread of the virus in the U.S. comes as voters await the final results of the country’s presidential election.
The virus is “coming after all of us,” Ohio Governor Mike DeWine said. “This virus doesn’t care if we voted for Donald Trump, doesn’t care if we voted for Joe Biden.”
The virus in the U.S. is especially spreading across the Midwest and the so-called Great Plains region that spans large parts of the central and western U.S.
The U.S. has 9.6 million of the world’s 48.6 million cases.
- Mother (74) and twins doing well as woman sets new birth record
- Lil Nas X sets new Billboard record for most weeks at number one
- China's robot hacking sets new record
- Scots cyclist a new world record holder
- From Scaltback to new British record holder
- NI power grid sets 'no coal' record
- Date is set for Soldier F court case
- Power grid sets 'no coal' record
- Fatacil sets new record with “26,000 visitors in just one day”
- JLR sales decline worldwide but new June record is set in UK
- Stars set dance marathon record at Wembley for charity
- How the Daily Mail covered the run-up to D-Day in 1944
Russia Sets New Daily Record of COVID Cases have 350 words, post on www.voanews.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.