In 2017 Tam Thanh fishing village in the central Quang Nam Province got a new look with colorful murals, and became a tourist magnet.The success story has since inspired other similar projects in many cities and provinces across Vietnam. Public art has in fact been blooming in many cities and rural areas.Hanoi is home to the world record ceramic road that runs almost 4,000 meters through four districts.Recently a group of local and international artists created installations depicting various aspects of Vietnamese culture in Phuc Tan Ward, Hoan Kiem District.These public artworks have made the area a cultural site and attract locals and tourists alike to what used to be a rundown place filled with garbage. Murals on a high school wall in Hanoi, which caused controversy since many art insiders think they do not suit the historic neighborhood. Photo by VnExpress/Ngoc Thanh. Following in the footsteps of Tam Thanh village, neighboring Quang Ngai Province and Da Nang and Can Tho cities also have murals decorating many places.Electrical boxes in cities are decorated with paintings of flowers, market scenes and bustling streets.But ubiquitous by its absence is quality.Saigon-based sculptor Nguyen Xuan Tien said many of the public artworks are not… Read full this story
- Politics is in for a bumpy ride
- Rollercoaster saved woman's life after bumpy ride led to brain tumour diagnosis
- Stephan Shakespeare: Easyjet’s had a bumpy ride, but what do flyers think?
- Mamut Art Project to showcase over 500 artworks
- Pera presents new exhibition on Chinese contemporary art
- The galleries using art to try to change the world
- PHOTO GALLERY: Transylvania Florilegium to be seen in the National Museum of Arts
- ES Art Prize shortlisted artist to feature in exhibition on black British experience
- New international art platform in Istanbul
- George Michael art collection fetches £9m
Randomness, lack of curation cause bumpy ride for public art have 317 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.