A screen displays a photo of late Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona as players hold a minute of silence in homage to Maradona prior to the UEFA Europe League Group F football match Napoli vs Rijeka on November 26, 2020 at the San Paolo stadium in Naples. Maradona, widely remembered for his “Hand of God” goal against England in the 1986 World Cup quarter-finals, died on November 25, 2020 of a heart attack at his home near Buenos Aires in Argentina, while recovering from surgery to remove a blood clot on his brain. Filippo MONTEFORTE / AFP “Diego, Diego, Diego!” chants the crowd which gathered where scarves and shirts in Napoli’s blue and white have been hung on the fence, transforming it into a makeshift shrine to the city’s adopted “king”. “Hear our voices, hear our hearts,” shouts Rosario, 77, famed among fans as the stadium’s resident “poet”, as applause goes up and grown men in face masks in the team’s colours openly weep. Buildings around the southern Italian city are adorned with depictions of the man who dragged Napoli to the top of the Italian game and became an icon for Neapolitans, whose chaotic city was feared and loathed… Read full this story
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo pays tribute to her late friend
- Funeral Tributes For a Loved One
- Choosing the Perfect Memorial Or Tribute For Your Wonderful Pets
- Maradona, Simply Great - Part 4
- Italia 90, a Semifinal Defeat to Penalties and Maradona
- Maradona Simply Great Final Part
- The Biography of Diego Maradona
- Lauren London pays touching tribute to Nipsey Hussle on what would have been his 34th birthday: 'Long live my other half, my beloved king!'
- John Legend and DJ Khaled give a spirited and emotional tribute performance to Nipsey Hussle as late rapper is honored at 2019 BET Awards
- 5 Things to Do in Los Angeles - For Tourists
Napoli pays tribute to Maradona, 'captain of the angels' have 320 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.