Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Vietnamese counterpart General Ngo Xuan Lich on Friday discussed collaboration in defence industry capability building, training and cooperation in United Nations peacekeeping operations during bilateral talks via video-conferencing.“In a further step towards deeper bilateral cooperation, both sides signed an implementing arrangement for cooperation in the field of Hydrography between National Hydrographic Office, India and Vietnam Hydrographic Office in the presence of the two Ministers,” Defence Ministry said in a statement. The arrangement will enable sharing of hydrographic data and assist in production of navigational charts by both sides, it stated.Underlining the vision of “Atma Nirbhar Bharat” for enhancing self-reliance including defence industries, Mr. Singh urged closer defence industry cooperation between India and Vietnam by concluding an institutionalised framework agreement in the near future. Vietnamese Defence Minister invited Mr. Singh for ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting Plus being hosted by Vietnam on December 10 through virtual mode.
- Oil import from Iran: India, US hold crucial talks
- Air India Assets Holding raises another Rs 7,985 crore
- India, China hold talks to explore mutual recognition of degrees
- Suzuki Motorcycle India to hold back investment due to slowdown, BS-VI norms
- Spain PM holds emergency talks over violent Catalan protests
- Josh Talks partners with NSDC to support Skill India Mission
- India kicks off 10-day joint air combat exercise with Oman
- View: India-China equation post-Mamallapuram
- Vietnam hopes for more int’l cooperation to combat hi-tech crimes
- Vietnam attends 88th INTERPOL General Assembly in Chile
India, Vietnam hold bilateral talks have 254 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 27, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.