India and China will soon hold another round of talks aimed at achieving complete disengagement and full restoration of peace and tranquillity along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the external affairs ministry said on Thursday. The border standoff along the LAC in Ladakh where both sides have deployed tens of thousands of troops backed by artillery and armoured vehicles, has entered its seventh month. Recent reports had suggested the two sides are considering several proposals for thinning troops at some friction points but are yet to make a breakthrough. The eighth round of talks between senior military commanders of the two sides, which was held in Chushul on November 6, was also joined by joint secretary (East Asia) Naveen Srivastava of the external affairs ministry. “The objective of these discussions is to ensure complete disengagement and full restoration of peace and tranquillity along the LAC in the western sector,” external affairs ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava told a weekly news briefing. “We will continue our dialogue and communication through military and diplomatic channels and have also agreed to have another round of talks soon with a view to achieve this objective,” he added. Srivastava described discussions… Read full this story
- Chinese Envoy Proposes Joint Action by India, China to Counter US Protectionism
- Sinn Fein urges Brussels to hold summit on Brexit border impasse
- Nicola Sturgeon holds ‘constructive’ talks during visit to China
- Korean Leaders to Hold Phone Talks Ahead of Trump-Kim Summit – Reports
- China-North Korea Talks Show Region’s ‘Center of Gravity’ Shifting From US
- "VIY: Journey to India": Indo-Russian Film to Soon Hit Screens (PHOTO, VIDEO)
- Both Koreas Hold Military Talks to Mark 68th Anniversary of Korean War
- Could China and the Vatican soon be reconciled?
- Gareth Bale holds positive talks over Real Madrid future and makes Man United switch seem remote
- Man City manager Pep Guardiola to hold transfer talks
India, China to hold another round of talks soon on border standoff have 325 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.