People in the rural commune Nậm Pìn, Nậm Nhùn District, the northern mountainous province of Sơn La, clear the vegetation in the forest to make a buffer zone to prevent the spread of possible fires during the dry season 2019-20. The people here are beneficiaries of the Government’s payments for forest environmental services. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — The revenue from forest environmental service fees has become a sustainable financial source, contributing to increasing the value of the forestry industry as well as the country’s GDP growth, an official has said. This financial source has helped to ensure sustainable forest management, biodiversity conservation, job generation, sustainable livelihoods and people’s awareness improvement, according to Nguyễn Chiến Cường, an official of the Việt Nam Forest Protection and Development Fund (VNFF). In the past 10 years, the total payment for forest environmental services reached VNĐ16.75 trillion (US$721 million), 18.2 per cent of the total investment in the forestry sector, Cường said at a meeting to review 10 years of implementing the forest environmental service fees. The forest areas collecting the fees increased to 6.8 million hectares this year from nearly 1.4 million hectares in 2011, of which special-use forests make up 18.8 per cent, protection forests 40.5 per cent and… Read full this story
- Sens. Hawley, Warner And Blumenthal Introduce Bipartisan Bill To Encourage Competition Among Social Media Platforms, Protect User Privacy
- Ola To Waive Off Peak Pricing In Delhi To Support Odd-Even Scheme
- End of austerity? A silent crisis in local services tells the true story
- As Pollution Levels Rise, China Looks to Clear the Air With 'Vertical Forests'
- Conroe pulls past Klein Forest for crucial win
- Long-term contracts, incentive schemes among other options as CSA look to tackle Kolpak threat
- Last stand for Europe's remaining ancient forest as loggers prepare to move in
- Poland's environmentalists fight foresters for heart of primeval forest
- Funds Gate | Fund houses avoid side-pocketing to protect their pockets ahead of unitholders’
- The myth of the wild German forest
Forest environmental service fees scheme promotes forest protection in VN have 349 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.