Vietnam will ship 60,000 tons of rice to the Philippines after it won part of a 300,000-ton government-to-government rice tender held on June 8, which also saw the participation of India, Thailand and Myanmar, Nguyen Van Thanh, director of Phuoc Thanh IV rice company, told the Saigon Times on June 9. Farmers harvest rice in the Mekong Delta province of Tien Giang. Vietnam has won a deal to ship 60,000 tons of rice to the Philippines – PHOTO: TRUNG CHANH However, the Philippines only purchased a combined volume of 189,000 tons of rice, which is much lower than its target, as suppliers offered prices higher than the country’s projected price. The Philipines may hold further tenders to purchase the remaining volume of 111,000 tons of rice to meet its target. Vietnam will ship 60,000 tons of rice at US$497.3 per ton, which is higher than that offered by its rival suppliers. Of this, Vietnam will ship 45,000 tons to the Manila port and the remaining to the Davao port. Among the suppliers, India won a deal to supply the largest volume of rice at 96,000 tons to the ports in the Philippines, at prices ranging from US$484.7 to US$485.7 per… Read full this story
- Win a Copy of Anne Rice’s Blood Communion, the Latest Book in The Vampire Chronicles!
- WATCH: 15 Cent Burger Deal Causes Mass Hysteria in Philippines Mall, Chaos Ensues
- Vietnam wins big at Asia-Pacific Informatics Olympiad
- Vietnam wins three golds at Aerobics Suzuki World Cup
- Vietnam wins 7 gold medals at “Challenge for Future Mathematicians” contest
- Vietnam win five golds at Thailand track and field tournament
- Vietnam wins big at 4th International Olympiad of Metropolises
- AFF U22 Championships: Vietnam’s win against Philippines spotlighted
- A prophecy of rice export
- Saigon Market- Top 10 Markets in South Vietnam
Vietnam wins deal to supply 60,000 tons of rice to the Philippines have 301 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.