U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who was on an official visit to Vietnam on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties, affirmed that the U.S. is committed to maintaining stable relations and cooperation with Vietnam during his talks with Vietnam’s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh in Hanoi on Friday morning. Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement about the talks on the afternoon of the same day. According to the statement, Secretary of State Pompeo stated that the U.S. attaches importance to its comprehensive partnership with Vietnam on the principle of respecting each other’s independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity, and political system, vowing to continue deepening the ties in the time to come. Pompeo also reaffirmed that the U.S. supports a strong, independent, and prosperous Vietnam that plays an increasingly important role in the region. At the same time, Washington is committed to maintaining stable relations and will continue to cooperate with Hanoi in promoting the relationship between the two countries so it can make progress in a reliable, effective, and sustainable manner, positively contributing to security, peace, cooperation, and development in the region and in the world. Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham… Read full this story
- Poll: Nearly half of Americans think Trump committed a crime related to Russian election meddling
- Obama announces talks for U.S. to restore full diplomatic relations with Cuba
- Putin meets with Iranian leader, touts 'reliable and stable partner'
- Vietnam War: A timeline of U.S. entanglement
- News Corp. scandal shakes up New York Post; staff ordered 'preserve' hacking-related documents
- Vietnam opens new search areas for missing U.S. soldiers
- VA study: 22 vets commit suicide every day
- Stolen Freedom: Innocent and wrongfully convicted, Keith Cooper still waits for a pardon
- Voices: Vietnam suggests where Cuba is heading
- Trump picks Jeff Sessions for AG, Pompeo for CIA chief
US committed to maintaining stable relation, cooperation with Vietnam: Pompeo have 331 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.