US$55 billion Singapore has become the third largest foreign investor in Vietnam with more than US$55 billion of registered capital. In the first eight months of 2020, Singapore was the biggest foreign investor with total investment capital of US$6.54 billion, accounting for 33.5 percent of all foreign direct investment (FDI) Vietnam attracted during this period. Sembcorp Development is a major Singaporean investor in Vietnam. Sembcorp Development cooperated with Becamex IDC Vietnam to establish the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP). There are currently nine VSIP industrial zones, totaling more than 8,600ha of land throughout Vietnam, providing production infrastructure for almost 900 enterprises with total capital of more than US$15 billion. Other leading Singaporean businesses in Vietnam include Ascendas, which has entered a joint venture with Protrade to develop and operate the 500ha Protrade Industrial Park in Binh Duong Province, and the 12ha OneHub Saigon project in the Saigon Hi-Tech Park (SHTP). Bilateral trade reached US$21 billion in 2019. The two countries’ goods structures are complementary, allowing Vietnamese businesses to expand their farm produce, seafood and foodstuff market shares in Singapore, which is seeking to replace China as a source of some goods. Attractive destination According to Douglas Foo, President of the Singapore… Read full this story
- Thailand's largest IPO braves market, priced near top of range
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 5
- CapitaLand named one of world’s most sustainable corporations
- Jardines Matheson to play part in restructuring weak banks?
- CapitaLand recognized as one of the world’s most sustainable corporations for third consecutive year
- Cruise ship outbreak worsens as China coronavirus cases appear to level off
Singapore tops list of investors in Vietnam have 276 words, post on ven.vn at October 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.