Da Nang (VNA) – Severe flooding and landslides triggered by heavy rains in the central region have claimed at least 18 lives and left 14 others missing.
As of the morning of October 12, central localities had evacuated 45,835 people in 15,392 households.
Heavy rainfall destroyed 382 houses and submerged 109,034 others, damaged 584 ha of paddy rice, 3,879 ha of vegetables, and 2,141 ha of aquaculture, and killed 271 heads of cattle and 150,489 heads of poultry.
Seventeen vessels with 106 people onboard have been damaged, killing three crewmembers and leaving four others unaccounted for. Searches for the missing are underway.
Places with the most severe flooding include Le Thuy and Quang Ninh districts in Quang Binh province; Dak Rong district and Quang Tri town in Quang Tri province; Phu Loc, Phuc Vang, Quang Dien, and Phong Dien districts and Hue city in Thua Thien-Hue province; Dai Loc, Dien Ban, and Duy Xuyen districts and Hoi An and Tam Ky cities in Quang Nam province; and Binh Son, Son Tinh, Nghia Hanh, Tu Nghia districts and Quang Ngai city in Quang Ngai province.
Heavy downpours are forecast to continue on October 13.
Localities are exerting every effort to tackle the impact of natural disasters by intensifying search and rescue missions, supporting families of victims, and providing food and clean water to those affected./.
- Tropical depression leaves 8 dead, 1 missing in Philippines
- Five dead, six missing due to severe floods
- Indonesian crew member dies, four others injured off central Vietnam coast
- Malaysia extends support to flood victims in central Vietnam
- 50 stolen dogs found in central Vietnam, four men arrested
- VinaCapital Foundation raises aid for Central Vietnam typhoon victims
- Cyclone Yasa: Category 5 cyclone hits Fiji causing landslides, flooding, 345kmh gusts, and 14-metre swells
- Sally leaves Gulf Coast with severe flooding; at least 2 dead
- Natural disasters cost Vietnam $1.6 bln in 2020
- Outstanding events in Vietnam in 2020
- Top 10 outstanding events in Vietnam in 2020
- Man honored as patriot for saving 100 people in historic central region floods
Severe flooding leaves 18 dead, 14 missing in central Vietnam have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.