Man, deputy commander of the 4th Military Region of Vietnam People’s Army that oversees the central region, was one of 13 members of a rescue team buried by a landslide in Thua Thien Hue Province’s Phong Dien District. Their bodies were retrieved Thursday at ranger station 67.On Sunday morning in Vinh, the capital town of Nghe An Province in central Vietnam, Man had joined a meeting to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the 4th Military Region.He was shaking hands and chatting with his comrades when his superiors called him and asked him to proceed to Thua Thien-Hue immediately. The central province was heavily flooded, tens of thousands of houses were submerged and many areas were isolated by landslides and flooding.”The handshake and words of encouragement on that day (Sunday) was the last time we met,” Major General Nguyen Duc Toi, former deputy chief of staff of Military Region 4, recalled.Toi remembered Major General Man as someone who was “willing to fight and not afraid to suffer difficulties since he was a young officer.”On 4 p.m. Sunday, a working team led by Man arrived in Phong Dien Commune, Phong Dien District, Thua Thien Hue Province.After assessing the situation, the group immediately… Read full this story
- Britain jails man smuggling Vietnamese people in roof box
- Man shocks girlfriend with underwater proposal in Caribbean Sea
- Major Iron Man Spoiler Spotted In Avengers: Infinity War Set Photo
- Man held stepdaughter captive for 20 years sentenced to life
- Dierks Bentley Is PEOPLE Country's Hottest Guy!
- Insurgency: Depressed soldier shoots 7, kills self
- Are Nsukka people Northern Igbos?
- Man Utd ratings: Fernandes can’t arrive quick enough after anonymous Lingard display but De Gea was superb against City
- General Alkali: We want all mining ponds in Berom searched for possibly more victims — Plateau residents
- Sterling Construction: 4Q Earnings Snapshot
Major General Man: Shocked peers, people mourn sterling soldier have 319 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 17, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.