SEOUL — Fans of BTS tuned in to an online concert by the K-pop boyband on Saturday, holding their signature light sticks and sharing messages in a chatroom.
Titled "Map of The Soul ON:E," the virtual event came after the seven-member group scrapped its initial plan to hold an in-person show for a limited audience, in line with the South Korean government's tightened social distancing curbs. The band had already cancelled planned world tours.
The band's latest success was "Dynamite", its first song entirely in English, which topped the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart last month.
"You're not here but I feel you here, as if I can hear your chants, and next time let's really be here together," vocalist V, or Kim Tae-hyung, told fans.
Since its 2013 debut, BTS has spearheaded a global K-Pop craze with catchy, upbeat music and dances, as well as lyrics and social campaigns aimed at empowering young people.
|Fans of K-pop idol boy band BTS enjoy as they watch a live streaming online concert, wearing a protective masks to avoid the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), at a cafe in Seoul, South Korea October 10, 2020. Photo: Reuters|
As the band performed, a background wall of small screens showed thousands of fans joining from across the world, many waving light sticks known as "army bombs". A chatroom was opened to allow fans to post comments simultaneously.
In Seoul, a small group gathered at a fan-run, BTS-themed cafe to watch the concert together, though wearing masks and keeping a distance from each other.
"Their songs gave comfort in these tough times and made me a fan," said An Ji-won, 40, after breaking down in tears as she watched the show.
"They sing to say everything will be OK and to cheer up, which I think is why all fans around the world love them."
- Varieties of Concerts
- Online Digital Scrapbooking
- Affiliate Marketing - Online Tips and Techniques For Your Success
- A Great Experience at the Monolith Music Festival in Morrison, CO!
- The State of the Economy - A State of Confusion
- Promoting Your Next Gig - Seven Ways to Attract an Audience
- Off the Record - Why Freestylin' is Still a Crowd Favorite
- Dancing With the Stars - All the Glamour, Front and Center
- Internet Marketing - Here's the Missing Step That Nobody's Telling You
- 3 Smart Ways to Make Money With Your Art
- Finding Your Niche & Creating Passion
- Boston Bands Atlantics, Ball and Pivot Release Classic Tracks
K-pop titan BTS's online concert draws global fans have 421 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 11, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.