The Global Economic Outlook report from Oxford Economics, commissioned by chartered accountancy body ICAEW suggests that while economic activities are picking up again and growth is expected to eventually rebound to 6.4 percent in 2021, the pace of recovery over the second half of 2020 will vary across the region, depending on the easing of lockdown restrictions and improved export demand. The Covid-19 outbreak reduced global GDP by around 9 percent in the first half of 2020, at least three times the size of the 2007-2009 global financial crisis. Despite a very strong rebound in the third quarter of 6.4 percent, the report suggests that world GDP will contract overall by 4.4 percent in 2020. However, there is momentum building in the second half of 2020 (H2), which will drive growth to 5.8 percent in 2021, and lead the global economy to recover to its pre-crisis peak by the midpoint of next year, a similar time frame as the post-2008 financial crisis recovery. The strength of the rebound in economic activity over the coming quarters in South-East Asia remains uncertain, particularly in the fourth quarter of 2020, after the expected initial strong bounce in global trade and domestic activity post-lockdowns… Read full this story
- China's Belt and Road Initiative will pose serious threat to South-East Asian wildlife, conservationists warn
- Fuchs North America Introduces "The East Asian Creations Collection" of Seasonings, Bases and Flavors
- South-East govs describe cattle colonies, Fulani vigilantes as jokes
- Jamia Violence: Schools In South East Delhi To Stay Shut On Monday, Announces Manish Sisodia
- Take a walk through south-east Asia at YouMee
- Korean coach given little credit despite Vietnam securing ticket to Asian Cup
- Vietnam, China Start Talks Again as Part of 20-Year Fight-Make-up Cycle
- Heatwave update: Where and when is the heat expected to hit and what records could fall?
- Turkish economy returns to growth, government eyes acceleration in 2020
- Vietnam cueist retains world's seventh spot after successful year
ICAEW: Vietnam is expected to be the only South-East Asian economy to record positive growth this year have 324 words, post on ven.vn at October 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.