A disabled girl from the Central Highland province of Kon Tum has made her dream of going to university become a reality. Y Julie types using her feet. Y Julie was born without arms, but the 18-year-old from Kon Drei Village has just started as a freshman at Da Nang University’s Information Technology Faculty. She is affectionately known as “penguin” by her classmates. During her 12 years at school, Y Julie always impressed her parents, teachers and other students with her passion for education. Hard road for education “When I was a child, I once followed my friend to her class,” Y Julie said. “I saw little girls the same age as me attentively writing and reading. I felt almost heartbroken because I did not have hands to write with,” she said. However, the little girl decided to learn how to write. She found a way of gripping a stick with her feet and tried to write on the ground. She tried every day for months and months until her feet ached, but she did not give up. After several months, Y Julie could eventually write her and parents’ names using her feet. Y Julie’s mother, Y Zoar, said: “Although I was a kindergarten teacher, I couldn’t find a way to teach my daughter how to write.” “When I saw her… Read full this story
- BJP's student wing allegedly attacks university students and teachers
- Panjab University Students Raise Slogans Against JNU Violence, Interrupts Haryana Speaker Addressing Seminar
- Aligarh Muslim University Students’ Union condemns JNU violence
- Anti-abortion activists increasingly targeting UK university students
- Why university students have finally found a voice | Opinion
- JNU violence: Delhi University students come out in support of JNU students
- Indian University Students Protest Against Violence on Campus - Photo, Video
- Investigation into death of Canterbury university student reveals multiple failures
- Investigation into death of Canterbury university student 'waste of money'
- A third of NZ university students are sexually assaulted, a study suggests
Disabled girl becomes first university student from ethnic village have 339 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.