Nguyen Xuan Binh, deputy director of the municipal Tourism Department, said “the event is significant, indicating demand for Da Nang tourism has resumed and the city is now a safe destination.”The 55 tourists from Hanoi landed at Da Nang International Airport on a Vietnam Airlines aircraft, welcomed by local tourism officials. As the first group of tourists returning to the city, officials said, they were given certain preferences, including a stay at a four-star hotel instead of their previously booked three-star equivalent, along with a free welcoming party.Tourist Hoang Thi Thuan, 70, said her family planned to visit Da Nang on August 2, but due to the resurgence of the Covid-19 outbreak, they had to reschedule.”Since the virus has now been put under control in Da Nang with 36 days without community transmissions, we feel secure to visit the city, with anti-pandemic measures like wearing face masks in public still in place,” she said.Le Thi Hong Tham, 30, along with her husband and five-year-old son also joined the three-day tour to Da Nang. “We feel happy and secure to return to the city, but we often wear masks for safety,” she said.The tourists would visit popular attractions in Da Nang… Read full this story
- Felixstowe model railway group to host first open day of 2018
- Taiwan looks south for Muslim tourist dollars
- These are the most welcoming cities in the world – with Singapore in top place and and London only 29th on the list
- Colourful makeover puts Mumbai slum on tourist map
- Surge in support for tourist tax in Edinburgh for 'inconvenience and disruption'
- German tourists trapped overnight in Tenerife cave as Canary Islands hit by storms
- Airbnb ban on Edinburgh landlords after three months
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! Chinese tourists flock to Yorkshire
- Winchester Tourist Guides launch new programme for 2018
- Police surround Las Vegas as tourists gather for new year celebrations
Da Nang welcomes first tourist group in over two months have 323 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.