This increase can be attributed to a hike occurring in the price of education services, coupled with the impact of natural disasters which have recently struck the country's central provinces.
These statistics indicate that October's CPI recorded an annual increase of 2.47%, while the average CPI during the opening ten months of the year rose by 3.71% compared to the same period last year.
Among 11 different categories of goods and services, six witnessed rising prices, including education which rose by 1.35%, housing and construction materials with a rise of 0.29%, beverages and tobacco up by 0.08%, garment and textiles up 0.06%, medicine and medical services up 0.01%. In addition, maintenance and home repair services saw increase of 0.15% and 0.2%, respectively.
Furthermore, other commodity and services groups also witnessed a decrease in their price indexes, including culture, entertainment, and tourism which fell by 0.18%, food and catering services which dropped by 0.13%, transportation down 0.08%, and the post and telecommunications group which declined by 0.03%. Elsewhere, the prices of home appliances and equipment remained unchanged.
Domestic gold prices also saw fluctuations in line with the global prices of the gold price index in October, with a decrease of 1.1% compared to September and an increased of 30.91% from December, 2019, up 29.63% from the same period last year.
According to the GSO's report, the inflation rate in October increased by 0.07% compared to September and 1.88% from the same period last year, with ten-month inflation rising by 2.52% on-year.
- Top-Selling SUVs In India For October 2019: Kia Seltos Dominates SUV Sales In India
- Earth just experienced its hottest October EVER – beating 2015 record by 0.018 degrees Fahrenheit
- Companies record weak earnings amidst sluggish economic growth
- Apple sets a record with iPhone sales, but lowers outlook
- It WAS Britain's hottest day in history! Forecasters are poised to announce yesterday was a record-breaker after new recording of 101.66F emerges
- Global food prices increase for first time in 5 months: FAO
- Uncle Joe's Mint Balls All Aglow! Brexit uncertainty is driving record sales figures as Britons seek 'comfort' food, claims sweet firm
- U.S. Home Resales Hit Nine Year High in October
- U.S. oil output soars to record 12.4 million bpd in August: EIA
- Bajaj Auto records 'highest-ever retail sales in Oct', but Nov may not be the same
- Dow edges to another record on trade optimism
- Humans Can't Stop Breaking Carbon Emissions Records
CPI for October records slight increase have 372 words, post on vov.vn at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.