Photos emerge of workers in hazmat outfits stacking coffins in a mass grave in New York City. New York state now has more coronavirus cases than any other country outside the US, according to latest figures. The state’s confirmed caseload of Covid-19 jumped by 10,000 on Thursday to 159,937, placing it ahead of Spain (153,000 cases) and Italy (143,000). China, where the virus emerged last year, has reported 82,000 cases. The US as a whole has recorded 462,000 cases and nearly 16,500 deaths. Globally there are 1.6 million cases and 95,000 deaths. While New York state leads the world in coronavirus cases, its death toll (7,000) lags behind Spain (15,500) and Italy (18,000), though it is more than double the official figure from China (3,300). Photos have emerged of workers in hazmat outfits burying coffins in a mass grave in New York City. Drone footage showed workers using a ladder to descend into the huge pit where the caskets were stacked. The images were taken at Hart Island, off the Bronx, which has been used for more than 150 years by city officials as a mass burial site for those with no next-of-kin, or families who cannot afford funerals. Burial… Read full this story
- New York Today: Closing Rikers and Marijuana Enforcement
- New York Today: A Back-to-School Preview
- Bitcoin Miners Get Chilly Reception in New York’s Rust Belt
- 20 Dead in Limousine Crash in Upstate New York
- Will Trump Make New York Democrats the New Lords of Capitol Hill?
- New York Today: Could Hurricane Florence Hit New York?
- New York Today: A Leonard Bernstein Centennial
- New York Today: Remembering McCain
- New York Knew Some Schools in Its $773 Million Plan Were Doomed. They Kept Children in Them Anyway.
- Former New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Won’t Face Abuse Charges
Coronavirus: New York has more cases than any country have 301 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.