The project, which will cost approximately VND8 trillion, is expected to house 45 wind turbines with a total capacity over 200 MW.
Addressing the groundbreaking ceremony, Nguyen Viet Cuong, CEO of Kosy Group, emphasised that the first phase of the Kosy Bac Lieu Wind Power Plant is anticipated to be put into operation before October 30, 2021.
Once the site is up and running, the plant is expected to provide an average wind power output of roughly 115 million kWh per year. When connected to the national grid system, its total estimated revenue is designed to reach an annual sum of VND270 billion, Cuong added.
Most notably, the project is anticipated to contribute tens of billions of VND each year to the local budget while creating high-tech jobs for hundreds of local workers, Cuong noted.
During the launching event, Duong Thanh Trung, chairman of the Bac Lieu People’s Committee, also underlined the importance of the project to ensure national energy security and to provide a boost to local socio-economic development in the near future.
With construction now underway, Trung has called on investors to implement the project in line with the agreed-upon schedule, ensure that high standards of quality and safety are maintained. He also added that the province will strive to create the optimal conditions possible in order for investors to carry out the project efficiently.
- Coal-Fired Power Plants Just Had Their Worst Month In Decades
- A Law Alone Won't Get California to 100 Percent Green Power
- Offshore Wind Farms Are Spinning Up in the US—At Last
- Encina Power Station may stay online through 2018
- Without More Government Support for R&D, Solar Power’s Future Looks Cloudy
- We’re Risking Our Future By Starving Solar Power Research Today
- TerraPower’s Nuclear Reactor Could Power the 21st Century
- We Gotta Get a Better Battery. But How?
- Huge earthquake simulator to get an upgrade
- The Only Thing Fire Scientists Are Sure of: This Will Get Worse
- So You Want to Harness Evaporation From a Manmade Lake
- The Struggle to Make Diesel-Guzzling Cargo Ships Greener
Construction gets underway on Kosy Bac Lieu wind power plant have 331 words, post on vov.vn at October 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.