Hanoi (VNA) – Chu Lai airport in the central province of Quang Nam stands ready to return to normal operations from 7am on October 30 after two days of closure due to storm Molave, according to a representative from the Airports Corporation of Vietnam.
Earlier, the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV) decided to temporarily close Chu Lai, Phu Cat, Da Nang and Tuy Hoa airports from 6pm on October 27 to avoid the impacts of the storm.
Relevant agencies were asked to keep a close watch on the impact of the storm on Dong Hoi and Cam Ranh airports in the central and south-central region, Buon Me Thuot and Lien Khuong airports in the Central Highlands, and others in the south, in order to propose suitable operational plans.
The CAAV also ordered its units to work around the clock and urged the implementation of plans to minimise losses at airports from torrential rain and flooding.
Airlines such as national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, and Bamboo Airways announced adjustments to flight timetables given the approaching storm.
Notably, Vietnam Airlines has cancelled all 104 flights to and from Vinh, Dong Hoi, Phu Bai, Da Nang, Chu Lai, Phu Cat, Pleiku, and Tuy Hoa airports, while Pacific Airlines has cancelled six flights between HCM City and Da Nang and two between HCM City and Phu Cat./.
- Coronavirus live updates: School sports teams in Bay Area unlikely to resume in fall
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area businesses see one of nation’s highest pandemic closure rates
- Mexico third worst-hit in coronavirus deaths; storm could hinder US response
- Britain bakes in 96F blast as nation swelters under the most severe heatwave on record - while flood warnings are issued in the north after storms battered UK with 50,000 lightning strikes and 'golf ball' hail
- Coronavirus latest: Tokyo restores restrictions after spike
- Houston officials seeking temporary housing for Harvey evacuees
- East Coast hunkers down as massive blizzard looms
- Both lorry drivers involved in M1 crash have DIED: Horror smash on stretch recently upgraded to 'smart motorway' claims two lives as road remains closed
- Coronavirus latest: Europe opens up for tourism
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 10
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 6
- Danger ahead over COVID-19, FG raises alarm
Chu Lai airport resumes operation after two-day closure due to storm Molave have 377 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.