An eroded sea dyke on the western coast of Cà Mau Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Huỳnh Thế Anh CÀ MAU — The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta province of Cà Mau is speeding up projects to repair an eroded sea dyke that prevent saltwater erosion on its western coast. The 108 km long dyke, located in Trần Văn Thời, Phú Tân and U Minh districts, protects 129,000ha of agriculture, aquaculture and forestry areas and 26,000 households living within the dyke’s borders. The dyke has eroded or subsided in recent years because of climate change and human activities. Erosion has occurred on three sites totalling 1,670 metres in length in U Minh’s Khánh Tiến Commune, according to the province’s Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. One site is 1,010 metres long in Hamlet 7, while two other sites have a combined length of 660 metres in Hamlet 8. In February, erosion occurred along 90 metres in the dyke’s Đá Bạc – Kênh Mới section. The province has rebuilt the subsided area and has built embankment sections to protect the dyke from strong sea waves. It has also been pumping soil and mud to fill about 4.3 km of canals along the dyke. The province is building six embankment projects that will create mudflats to grow mangrove trees that will protect the dyke. The six projects cover a total length… Read full this story
- CA provides protection against "Brown Orifice"
- VIOLATED: Facebook’s very own VPN app under “Onavo Protect” keeps tracking users even when turned off
- Sea level rise has SLOWED DOWN since 2002, totally contradicting the climate change science narrative
- CA looks to tech squads to sell security wares
- Yum! Insect food as a luxury brand might lure Westerners
- Secunia: CA backup product 'inherently insecure'
- National maritime sovereignty protection mission is always a top priority
- Research suggests that even short term exposure to the standard Western diet increases risk for disease
- How and Why I Protect Myself from Glyphosate
- How to Protect Yourself Against MRSA
Cà Mau protects western sea dyke have 348 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.