The 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (AMM-53) took place online in Hanoi on September 9. At the event (Photo: VNA) This is the first of the series of the annual AMM and between ASEAN and partners, one of the key events in the ASEAN Year 2020. During the event, ASEAN foreign ministers said ASEAN has been continuously and actively strengthening cooperation, maintaining the community building momentum as well as effectively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Amid developments and increasing uncertainty in the world situation, including the ravaging pandemic, the risk of economic recession and increased competition among major countries, ASEAN has reaffirmed its strong commitment to maintaining the region of peace, stability, security and neutrality, in which international law is highly respected. They agreed to continue efforts to implement the initiatives and priorities for the year, promote cooperation in response to the pandemic, and prepare a comprehensive post-pandemic recovery plan. The FMs adopted the five-year Work Plan (2021-2025) of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) and the AICHR Priority Programme in 2021. Regarding external relations, they recommended conducting the ASEAN – Australia Summit annually, granting the development partnership status to Italy and France, while continuing to consider proposals… Read full this story
- Exclusive: Tulsi Gabbard – Hillary Clinton Foreign Policy Establishment Smears Dissenting Voices
- Top U.S. diplomat says Moon-Abe meeting is 'encouraging sign' for countries' relations
- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif offers resignation via Instagram
- German defence minister proposes security zone for north Syria
- Chinese Foreign Minister to Arrive in Delhi to Boost India-China Cooperation
- Amid tensions, Iran's oil minister calls Saudi counterpart a friend
- Foreign ministers petition EU to urge labelling of settlement products
- Russia's Ex-Foreign Minister: 'Of Course' Putin Taking Advantage of Trump, 'The Naïveté Is a Little Bit Too Much'
- Northeast India's Illegal Immigrants: No Deportation, No Detention Says Minister
- Strict regulations limit foreign drug traders in Vietnam’s market
ASEAN 2020: 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting held online have 324 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.