Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (L) shakes hands with German Chancellor Angela Merkel (Photo: VNA) Hanoi – The relationship between Vietnam and Germany has ceaselessly developed in both depth and breadth, and in an effective and practical manner across all fields despite historical changes, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh has said. Minh wrote an article reviewing the past and the future orientations of bilateral ties on the occasion of the 45th founding anniversary of Vietnam-Germany diplomatic ties (September 23). He noted that Vietnam and Germany set up diplomatic relations in 1975 but links between the two nations started a long time before then. The first German diplomats were sent to Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City) in the middle of the 19th century to connect the two countries, he added. On his journey to seek measures to salvage the nation, President Ho Chi Minh once stopped in Germany and later nurtured the friendship between the two nations. Vietnam is the only Southeast Asian nation to boast special links with Germany, with more than 100,000 students and workers studying and working in the country in the 1950s, giving them a deep understanding of the German language and… Read full this story
- What It’s Like to End a 45-Year Run Streak
- Sunderland NHS boss retires after more than 45 years of service
- Verve Energy CIO leaves after 45 years
- Fed interest rates hit 45-year low
- Star Trek technology still hot after 45 years (images)
- SMS is 25 years old – and still going strong
- Atari has decentralized gaming for 45 years. Now it's creating altcoins.
- Seminar discusses Vietnam-US cooperation in defence, security
- Vietnam, US hold 10th political, security, defence dialogue
- Solo tourism booms in Vietnam
45 years of Vietnam-Germany relations: Enduring, strong vitality have 291 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.