Vietnam home to nearly 50,000 rooftop solar projects There are some 50,000 operational rooftop solar projects around Vietnam (Illustrative photo: VNA) There are some 50,000 operational rooftop solar projects around Vietnam with a combined capacity of about 1,200 MWp, Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) has revealed. Of these, 25,700 with 758.2 MWp were installed in the first eight months of 2020. EVN reported that the sector generated and imported a total of 164.05 billion kWh from January-August, a year-on-year rise of 2.01 percent. Of this, hydropower produced 39.03 billion kWh, down 12.75 percent against the same period last year, and coal-fired plants 88.87 billion kWh, up 11.66 percent. Meanwhile, 24.96 billion kWh was generated by gas-fuelled plants and 1.04 billion kWh by oil-fired plants, respectively. Electricity produced from renewable sources totalled 7.27 billion kWh. Some 6.39 billion kWh was from solar energy alone, surpassing the target and up 2.94-fold compared to the same period of 2019. Notably, the proportion of customers using cashless payments for electricity bills stood at 61.5 percent in August./. Deputy PM urges PetroVietnam to boost exploration, exploitation capacity Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh has urged the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) to enhance its capacity in petroleum exploration and exploitation to develop the… Read full this story
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 20
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 18
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 22
- Big Auto News Headlines Of 2019
- Quiz: How well did you keep up with business news in 2019?
- Vietnam's monetary market 2019: earlier forecasts missed the mark
- First bank in Vietnam complete Basel II three pillars
- Vietnam's Tra fish companies see stock prices plummet
VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 13 have 272 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.