People subject to isolation at army-run quarantine facilities would have to pay VND80,000 (US$3.47) for meals and VND40,000 (US$1.73) for other services per day.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on September 17 approved a proposal from the Ministry of Finance on collecting fees of people subject to mandatory quarantine upon entering Vietnam.
|People subject to mandatory quarantine have to pay fees.|
As a result, those are set to be isolated at army-run quarantine facilities would have to pay VND80,000 (US$3.47) for meals and VND40,000 (US$1.73) in services fees per day.
Meanwhile, visitors entering Vietnam could be quarantined at hotels or resorts if they wish so, but they would have to pay for all the expenses throughout their quarantine period.
All foreigners are required to purchase international health insurance that could cover health bills in Vietnam, and comply with the local authorities' request for Covid-19 testing and paying all associated costs.
Meanwhile, the state would pay all Covid-19 treatment costs for Vietnamese people under the Law on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases.
Regarding the costs for treatment of other illnesses during the quarantine period, those with health insurance would have their bills covered by insurance and pay the rest that is not insured. Otherwise, people without health insurance would have to pay all costs by themselves.
The new regulations would take effect from September 1.
Under Article 48 of the Law on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases, persons suffering from an epidemic disease of class A are entitled to free medical examination and treatment.
On January 29, the Minister of Health issued Decision No.219 adding the acute respiratory disease caused by novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) to the list of Class-A infectious diseases as prescribed by the law.
- Seven Kuwait returnees add to Vietnam's Covid-19 tally
- US, Europe, Japan Space Agencies Announce COVID-19 'Dashboard'
- Taiwan considers shortened Covid-19 quarantine for Vietnamese arrivals
- Russian expert: Posters a weapon in Vietnam’s COVID-19 fight
- Hundreds of expectant mothers rejoice at discharge from COVID-19 quarantine zone in Vietnam
- Teenager returning from Cambodia adds to Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally
- 150 Japanese experts arrive in Vietnam post COVID-19
- Singapore PM lauds Vietnam’s Covid-19 success
- A promising future for Vietnam after COVID-19
- PM Phuc: The world knows much more about Vietnam after COVID-19
- Reopening: SF Giants Announce COVID-19 Disinfection Guidelines For Oracle Park
- Asian football: Iraq invite Vietnam for friendly, face COVID-19 quarantine rule
Vietnam announces Covid-19 quarantine fees for visitors have 387 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.