Thuy Xuan incense-making village, located some 7km southwest of the central city of Hue, has become a popular tourist destination. The 700-year-old craft not only offers stable income to locals but is also part of the spiritual heritage of the former imperial capital. Visitors pray at a big incense jar at the entrance of at Thien Mu Pagoda in Hue City. — VNS Photos Truong Vi Many Asian people believe that burning incense can link the living with the dead. The dead’s spirits can follow the smell of incense to appear and enjoy offerings. Hue people tend to burn incense at sunset to commemorate their ancestors. The village is situated on Huyen Tran Cong Chua Road, at the foot of Vong Canh Hill by the romantic Huong River, a must-go destination to visitors. At the entrance of the village, though you can’t see any incense, you will surely smell it. Incense with various colours dried under the sun in the village. Colourful bunches of incense dry in the sun all over the village. They look like bunches of flowers with a strong fragrance spreading everywhere. Almost everyone in the village is part of the incense making process, though they now use machines in… Read full this story
- Ghost town: A tiny English village abandoned during WWII
- SEE IT: Foul-smelling, black water spotted in Niagara River is 'routine maintenance'
- The Chinese Crayfish Craze Hits the East Village, at Le Sia
- Hundreds of tourists evacuated from Egypt hotel after two deaths, reports of illnesses
- Elk Grove Village the title sponsor of Bahamas Bowl? College football deal done
- Elk Grove Village to be the title sponsor of NCAA Bahamas Bowl in $300,000 deal
- Elk Grove Village to be title sponsor of college bowl game -- in the Bahamas
- New at the NYS Fair: First-ever Latino Village to offer food, music and culture
- With a new name, Le Bistro Du Village offers crepes and a full French menu
- Lime time: Bicycle sharing service makes Wisconsin debut in Green Bay
Sights and smells of incense making village lure tourists have 346 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.