Hanoi's government has considered the goal of reducing poverty and ensuring social security one of the key socio-economic development tasks.
Hanoi has completed poverty reduction targets two years earlier than scheduled and the number of households with decent incomes is increasing, Kinh Te & Do Thi reported.
|Leaders of Nghia Tan ward in Cau Giay district give donations to support three poor households. Photo: Oanh Tran|
Poor households in Hanoi accounted for 3.64% of the total in 2016 and the rate has been reduced to 0.42% as of June 2020. Currently, only 8,754 households in Hanoi are classified as poor.
Hanoi's government has considered the goal of reducing poverty and ensuring social security one of the key socio-economic development tasks. Thus, the city has issued many specific mechanisms and policies for poverty reduction.
So far, poverty has been eradicated in eight districts of Hanoi as the result of the efforts and determination of the city as well as the districts for many years.
According to an official of the Hanoi Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, over the past time, many districts and towns in the city have taken solutions to perform economic development tasks and build new-style rural areas to reduce poverty sustainably in the city.
Head of the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs of Cau Giay district Nguyen Quang Hong said that by the end of 2019, Cau Giay has 17 poor households and the district has achieved near-poverty eradication by May 30, 2020.
“For poverty reduction to be sustainable, we keep donating the poor savings books, health insurance cards and support poor children with learning materials and tuition fees,” Hong said.
- Exclusive: India's rice exports fall sharply as sanctions delay payments from Iran
- India's rice exports fall sharply as sanctions delay payments from Iran
- PMQs: Experts slap down Boris Johnson's claim child poverty has 'substantially' dropped
- State vaccination rates up sharply in wake of new law
- Australia jobless hits nine-month low, analysts give up on February rate cut
- Derivative gauge for rates drops 26 bps in a week
- Bank of England hints at interest rate cut even without no-deal Brexit
- Falling fertility could slow, though not stop, China's rise
- Inflation falls back for the first time since June to 3% - ONS
- Stocks fall, gold climbs
- UK minimum wage to rise by four times rate of inflation
- US stock markets drop amid interest rates hike and looming shutdown
Poverty rate in Hanoi falls sharply have 386 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.